Honda Goldwing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Life's an adventure, ain't it? :D At least you'll have the A/C in the rental car today as you explore Vegas and Hoover Dam. Ya might as well take it to Oatman while yer at it since Laughlin's usually hotter than Vegas. I heard it's supposed to hit 108 here today. :eek:

Don't forget to hit a few buffets while you're in town. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,556 Posts
Hope the bike problem is a minor issue that is easy to figure out. If you have to rent a car you sure are in the best place for it this time of year. At least it is a dry heat………..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bill, Thanks for the info on the mini lap top....Sorry to hear about the bike....I am not a mechanic....but did you by any chance run the gas tank real low and then filled up with cold gas....on a very hot engine this can some time cause vapor locks that will take some time to work their way out of the fuel system...it starves the system of gas thus one or two cyclinders will shut down... :confused:

Hope this helps....Good Luck...

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well today was all about 4 wheels. At one point while trying to take one of her patented moving pictures the little lady said "I sure do miss the bike right now." The only decent thing was it was 107 - 109 depending on where you were. So the A/C was nice. We went to Hoover Dam. Traveled into Kingman for the Arizona section of our Rt 66 tour then onto Needles Ca. where we are for the night. Tomorrow we'll head back to Vegas, stop at Oatman Az. on the way & hopefully word on the bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Dam! I haven't been to Hoover Dam since 1976, and I haven't been to PA since you left town.
I thought the last time you were there it was a pond.......:):):eek:

And your always welcome in Pa.

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
While waiting for bike made our way to Needles Ca. laid over. yesterday headed back out through Oatman (Gold Rush, Ghost Town, Old West) town. They have Wild/Tame Burros that wander into town every morning & then go back into the hills at night. The little lady was busy making new friends. It is a neat little tourist trap with some very nice people that don't really take advantage of the tourists. After that we came back up to Sin City for the night, Shop has parts being overnighted in, hopefully be back on the road today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed that you guys are able to get back on the road soon, Fossil!

·
Premium Member
23,786 Posts
What was the diagnosis on the ol' girl (Wing)?
I'm with you "Radar " . What parts ???? We need to ask his wife. She may not know the name of the part ( or parts ) but she sure will know the cost of them. From that we can infer something. Fossil is not cryptic: he's just not always specific. Remember , he has been in " sales " for the last few years.

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
No nightlife for these two.

We are back on the road & just getting ready to leave Beatty.

Bad vacuum pilot assy. $389. including an oil change. Radarsdad good lead to shop. Great people mostly Fred Svc Mgr. Very fair & helpful.

While waiting for the bike we went to Death Valley. In search for the perfect picture the little lady had us hike out on the Salt floor at Badwater Basin.
She forgot the outdoor cardinal rule. Whatever you hike to you have to hike back. Almost 2 miles later we get back to the car & she's exhausted. But the Valley is beautiful in it's own way as you can see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,786 Posts
Nice sombrero your sporting there Wild Bill. And of course your Annie Oakley is always fast with an attention getting smile. I'm really glad to hear that you two are back in the saddle again....... Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again......

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Manteca Ca. for the evening tomorrow a short run into San Fran. & a 1 night stay. Today we saddled up & ran up 95 to 266 to 168 (through some nifty passes) to 395 to 120 right through Yosemite (Beautiful Park) to Manteca.

Little Lady & I really enjoyed the ride & we're are back on schedule. The roads through the Mt passes of 266/168 are awesome as far as entertaining. I highly recommend them to all who get the chance to ride them. Also 120 out of the Park down to the valley is great as well.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 166 Posts