Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Three........
No, It's actually four. The little lady decided she doesn't want to leave right after work now. Plan was to scoot down 81 to Winchester Va. after work. Now since we're leaving in AM on Thursday I decided we'll go down to Harrisonburg & then go on 33 through Seneca Rocks & over to Weston WV. instead.:D

It was that Rapier/Chopin trip that did it!

Great looking trip fossil !
Thanks kevrei & stay tuned there will be posts along the way.

·
Premium Member
23,788 Posts
Rt.33 over the hills ! Just follow the peg scrape markings around the turns and you should be fine. What time do you think you will arrive in Winchester on Wednesday ? That's about an hour trip for me, of course the local rush hour traffic here is a time waster.

·
Super Moderator
28,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The plan is to be in Harrisonburg around 1-2 pm & Weston around 6 pm. I'll blow the horn as I go by while your walking the dogs.

·
Super Moderator
28,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Less than 1 1/2 Days to go.

Pull out of the house early Thursday morning.:D

·
Premium Member
23,788 Posts
The plan is to be in Harrisonburg around 1-2 pm & Weston around 6 pm. I'll blow the horn as I go by while your walking the dogs.
Harrisonburg at 1:00 p.m. Another 140 miles ( +/- ) to Strasburg, VA. about 3:00 p.m.......... Damn! I'd miss you by twenty minutes. Toot your whistle as you pass the Rt 66 / I 81 interchange. I'll feel it. You are adding about another 100 miles with you detour on Rt 33 to Weston. I hope it's worth it. It was Rapier's idea.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Have fun and keep on :):)

·
Super Moderator
14,556 Posts
Just like a kid on Christmas Eve……….

·
Super Moderator
28,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No Bluetooth for this guy. If you want to chat we'll have to do it here.

Hey, by the way the time is almost here. I'm going to try to get some sleep tonight & motor in the morning.

·
Premium Member
23,788 Posts
Hopefully, right now, somewhere on Rt33 in West Virginia fossil and his lovely wife are enjoying the " twisties " on their way to Weston WV. Go fossil go................

·
Super Moderator
28,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Day 1 Home to Buckhannon W.V.

Great 1st day straight down 81 to 33 - Special thanks to my buddy Chopin (pronounced Show-Pan) & Rapier for the bug to ride 33 great road & not one Pennsylvania Pothole. Seneca Rocks very nice.

Today Louisville Ky area.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,788 Posts
Yahoo! From here on you will be blazing new roads that I have yet to explore. Thanks for checking in.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Glad that you had a good time on 33! Ride safe on the rest of your journey!

·
Super Moderator
28,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Landed in East St. Louis for the night just got back from Joe's Crab Shack about 1 hr ago. Good Eats!

Tomorrow the Arch, old 66, Ted Drewes for some custard & maybe the Anhauser Busch tour. Staying South of St. Louis tomorrow.

21 - 40 of 166 Posts