Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, I 'm starting to get anxious. The bike goes to the shop on Tuesday to have it's "trip service" done & we got some riding in yesterday. I told the little lady we have to do some more so she can get her saddle butt ready, so there are some more planned including a weekend with our friends before we leave.

I'll tell you this I feel like a kid at Christmas time waiting for the countdown til the big day. June 16th is coming (not quick enough) & we'll be rolling down South. The map is continuing to change, we have decided to forego the San Antonio run to pick up some days as to use them in Co. & Ut. The problem with surfing the web is you find all these great places to see & then you have to try to fit them in. Especially now that Google Maps has that photo option (which is really cool if you haven't tried it yet).

Anyway didn't mean to bore you guys I just needed to express the feelings to you my web friends of the anticipation of the event. Hope to have a great time & to see this Great Country up close & personal, also to possibly meet a couple of you guys, some of us have already made the plans.

JUNE 16Th 2010:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
You all enjoy that trip The wife and I head out May 29th cant wait myself,
Becareful and Enjoy that ride,Take pictures

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Maestro if you look closely we'll be in the Lone Star State it'll just be in the panhandle.

·
Premium Member
23,760 Posts
" The Texas Panhandle has been identified as one of the fastest-growing wind-power-producing regions in the nation over the past decade because of its strong, steady winds. [2]. I feel a lot of hot air blowing again.

·
Super Moderator
14,460 Posts
That looks like a great trip. A lot of that is on my bucket list. Glacier and Yellowstone are beautiful areas and the redwood are incredible. All I have planned right now is a trip to North Carolina with a group the end of May.

Missing down here in Mississippi and Louisiana in June might be a good idea. Plan a ride down this way in April/May and the weather is very pleasant. Come June it will be in the 90's and humid. Hope it will not be too bad in the desert around Vegas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow Fossil, Nice Trip, We will Miss you In the Southern portion of Texas but I know how it is, much more Territory to cover and not near enough time to carry it out. It really feels nice to have the lil Lady on Board, I certainly enjoy my wife riding with me. Enjoy and Have a Safe Trip, maybe we will catch up with ya somewhere along the trail out here....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great looking route, Fossil. Just looking at it is making me envious that our US 50 trip from Ocean City, MD to Sacramento, CA got put off from this year to 2011. I will want to get a post operation briefing from you when you return. Ride safe and have a great trip.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
32 days & counting boys, between getting all the pieces together at work to be able to go, making sure that all t's are crossed & i's are dotted for the trip (This is my trip so the little lady is in cruise control & if I don't make sure things are right... Well you guys know that story.) & life in general it is coming fast. Top all that off with a visit from our son from Staten Island, a weekend trip to Wellsboro area with our friends next weekend & commitments to the community I don't know where to turn.

Not crying though this is one ole tough fossil, & "I say bring it on":D
I got our netbook a couple weeks ago & have been setting it up & using it. It will go along with us on the trip & I'll be posting along the way (even an occasional pic).

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
Bill, looks like things are finally coming together. That is going to be a great route. North of SF is a place called "point rays" which is a lighthouse overlooking the ocean and the place to see the andreas fault line up close and personal. Have a great trip my friend. Wish I was going...

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tip on "point rays" Charlie. Your right it looks like it is all coming together. Now just getting anxious. You know you could always tag along.:D

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
16 Days & counting.

:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Hi Fossil, Im excited too. I see your map and am jealous. BTW have you considered the ferry across lake michigan?

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I am NOW.:D Thanks Bill. That's the one downside to this trip - So much to see, so little time. CAN'T WAIT. 14 to go.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
7 to go!

The time's coming an this ole fossil is itching to ride. Looks like we will even start off with decent weather.

·
Super Moderator
14,460 Posts
6.8 to go! Have a great trip. Keep us up on where you are and how things are going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great looking trip fossil !
Im so jealous .... I gotta get me a trip planned for this year !
Have a good ride and a safe trip !!!!

1 - 20 of 166 Posts