Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am considering trading my 2010 ST for a 2008 Wing with Navigation, are there any common problems with the wing I should know about. the 2008 wing has 6700 miles on it Burgundy in color.
has anyone here traded up to the wing and wish they didn't?
should I be concerned about no warranty on a bike costing this much?
I am only willing to do this so my wife will be more comfortable however I could buy her a bike of her own if needed.But I am sure that anything she could ride wouldn't be a comfortable as being on the back of a wing. any input would be helpful.Thanks In advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. No real problems with the 08 Wings. Nav unit is sometimes a pain to use, but that's about it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I just bought an '08 - taking delivery this week - has 17K and some change. I've heard time & time again that after about 5mph the wing rides like a sport bike, so I think you will both love it. The resale value stays about the same for a couple more years, then slowly goes down. We paid over 10K less than a 2012 & with proper care these '08s are just getting broken in!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The bike I had prior to my '09 was an ST. I thought I'd miss the performance and handling. To a small degree I do, but the missus was the influence to get back on a Wing, not a mistake believe me. Amazing how sporty a nature the Wing has. No issues with any of the Wings from '06 forward really, minor speedo error (optimistic) and as it's a large bike, it will shake it's handlebars at drecreasing speeds if you let go of them (I ask why let go of the bars anyway?:eek:), but that's about it other than the Navi being not the best.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello knelson, welcome to GWOF. well i hate to tell you but all wings have a common problem and that is .......keeping them parked very long

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my wife called me at work to let me know that she was going to Broward Motorsport to sit on the back of a new Goldwing.Man O Man do I have the best wife in the World or what.
I am still in LALA land I am afraid to go to sleep for the fear of waking up and finding out that I was dreaming this.Somebody pinch me.
I ended up with a 2012 Black Goldwing No ABS or navigation. which is fine with me as part of the fun of riding is getting lost.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Greetings you should enjoy it here at the GWOF.

Treasure your wife that's for sure. Of course to be honest she was probably just looking out for herself.:D:D

I'm with you on the sans navigation. Although I do admit to always having the paper version close at hand.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wife wasn't quite that receptive, but then again she's only ever been on a bike once & that was a Silverwing scooter. Still, she's the best wife in the world - for me.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cannot speak for other years of Goldwings but the 2012 IMHO handles great. As I have just came off a St1300 they seem to handle very similar yet the GW is much smoother it truly feels like a much smaller bike even getting the bike off the kick stand is effortless.
Honda has hit the ball out of the park with this bike. I can see that I will enjoy this bike for many years. In my normal use of the bike I have not needed the reverse but that didn't keep me from trying it out WOW this feature will come in handy.one of the guys that I work with was telling me that he didn't like some of the changes to this year wing until he saw it today,I had to give him a shop towel to keep the drool of my new ride.:D

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Congratulations on having a great bike and a great woman!

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong here but....... weren't you just looking at an '08 a few days ago? You let your wife go sit on a Goldwing ? I did the same thing and that's why I have one too.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Correct me if I'm wrong here but....... weren't you just looking at an '08 a few days ago? You let your wife go sit on a Goldwing ? I did the same thing and that's why I have one too.
no you are not wrong, I ended up with 2012 because of the warranty and the interest rate.
I decided I wanted to own a new GW and I was prepared to save up the down to go get it. but my wife decided that she didn't need her new appliances that we were going to order for her, so she went down to Broward motorsports without me and sat on the new wing thats all it took.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
no you are not wrong, I ended up with 2012 because of the warranty and the interest rate.
I decided I wanted to own a new GW and I was prepared to save up the down to go get it. but my wife decided that she didn't need her new appliances that we were going to order for her, so she went down to Broward motorsports without me and sat on the new wing thats all it took.
Son-of -a- gun. She gave up her new kitchen for a Goldwing. No greater love hath a woman for a man.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I was going to say go for it because I have an 8 and never had any problem but now you have really moved up. I read on here one time where a fellow went to get his oil changed and came home with a new bike. You have to love this lucky life we live. Ride safe and maybe your wife can talk to my wife about what it is like to sacrfice for her better half.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
she knows I will work hard to get her better appliances than she picked out anyways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts