Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,489 Posts
RKP we wait anxiously about your followup post. I can't get any answer on the surging issue from Honda Canada. I know of riders that have the problem, as well as the head shake, and they're really getting worried. My own bike is fine, and none of the GL's I have sold exhibit either symptom (touch wood there). Who's your dealer down there? I'd be interested in talking with him and hear what Honda tells him. Love your snowmobile trail system down ther btw. Was lucky enough to do a Polaris Dealer test ride from Rome about a year and a half ago;you guys get SNOW!

·
Premium Member
24,489 Posts
I did manage to speak with a tech at Honda Canada today about both the surging and the steering wobble. He is aware of the issues, but isn't able to say much about a fix. Honda's position is that the wobble isn't a safety issue as much as letting go of the bars is, and the tech told me that the wobble is a bit of a trait of the bike...it's just there. The tapered bearings Joe mentioned likely help as much as anything (but naturally Honda does NOT recommend aftermarket parts), and tyre pressures and balance are critical. As for the surging, he says the only way to do anything is to take it to a dealership, have them hook it up to the diagnostic system and hope it finds the issue. He thinks it is ECM and air control rlated, but has never had one act up when checking for it (argh). I guess we can wait and see if Honda USA says the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts