Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been looking at new headlight bulbs for my 2010 Wing. I have to be at work super early in the morning, and it's always dark. I hit a deer with my last bike on the way to work and I'd like to install some super bright headlights on my new land yacht.

Based on the price for "good" replacement bulbs like PIAAs (and the life of these bulbs), I am leaning towards installing HIDs.

Has anyone installed HIDs on their late model Wing? Any recommendations as to temp (6000K or 8000K) etc?

I am worried about the HID bulbs melting the housing/reflectors? Wonder how hard a kit is to install. I have found kits with small ballasts, just curious how much room there is to mount them?

And lastly, how the heck do you take the front end apart to replace the headlight bulbs on a 2010 Wing?

Rob

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Rob, do yourself a huge favour and purchase a shop manual. The time you save with it, not to mention the frustration you'll save is well worth the entry fee. The fairing panels and dash etc require alot of dismantling to get at the headlight assemblies. Not difficult, just time and a bit fidly, the manual save tons of guessing and all but prevents goofs (human factors not withstanding of course). Talk to your shop's service manager and see if he knows of any heat issues with higher intensity bulbs. I'm vacationing in the Keys at the moment, but when I get back to the shop I'll talk to my guys and my DSM and see if I can dig up any more info for ya. The Hondaline driving lights are also an option; either LED or the halogens brighten things up by fanning out more light widthwise (Bambi in the ditches and all) although they don't increase the range of your light beam forward.
Daryl

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Daryl,

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking for a 2010 shop manual. Rather not have to buy it directly from Honda, but it's looking that may be the only way to get a '10 manual? Most of the Internet sites I have looked at only have them for 2009 and earlier models?

If you do find out anything about HIDs in a Wing, let me know.

Rob

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Rob. I just received the 2006-2009 Official Honda Service Manual from Wingstuff. It came with a small supplemental section labeled 2006-2010. I have yet to find a page in the 2010 supplement that is any different in word or diagram from the 2006-2009 main section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chopin,
I replaced the bulbs in my Kawasaki ZX14 with DDM Tuning HIDs an love them. They had the best price and the unit is very small. I have been using the for two years with Zero problems. Very Very Bright. Good Luck and keep us updated.

Monty
2010 GL1800 Titanium :cool:
2008 Kawi ZX14 :D

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts