Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a solution for the sun in my GPS window on a 2010 wing with the built in GPS...A lot of the times I can not see my features due to the sun...

Do they make a window tint or some other solution to help correct this problem

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the same problem with mine, I'm going to fashion a cardboard shade and temporarily clip it over the display and see if that helps and then possibly make something that looks like it fits..

Somewhere on one of the sites I saw a guy who had made a carpet shade and had it fastened to the dash and it was extended out over the display. I don't want to do anything that looks like it's rigged.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I have one of these on my Garmin Nuvi on a Ram mount. Check it out and see if it is adaptable for the Wing Nav.

http://glarestomper.com/

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I just sent them an email to see if they had something that would fit our Goldwings.
Hope they do. That could really be a help to other GW owners. Let us know what you find out...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Thanks jayhawk! I thing the real solution is to move farther north and the sun doesn't bother you as much:p

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Before I spend $24 on one I'm going to use their dimensions, fashion one out of cardboard, paint it black and temporarily mount it using duble stick tape, just to see if it cuts the glare enough to matter.

Call me a tight wad, I don't like to waste money.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I will be ordering one this week, give me a couple of weeks of use, and I will post an honest answere, and if it does not work not only will I throw it away I will contact the manufacturer and let them know about it....

I hate buying add ons that do not do what they say they do....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the model 324 Glarestomper would work by placing the velcro on the inside of the display housing.

Ok I purchased this a few weeks ago...It does stop the glare...butt
I had to cut both sides down to fit inside the console, then I had to use duct tape to fasten it into the inside of my GPS Cavity...It does come with Velcro sewn onto the inside but it is not reversible...It appears to me it would not be that difficult for these people to make the proper cover to fit, look how many wings that he could sale them to if they would come pre-fitted...but at least it does the job...for that price/function I would have just put form fitting plastic...

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I have the add on GPS (Garmin Nuvi) and the shade works well since that's what it was intended for. Glare is a problem with any GPS or for that matter cell phones. Thanks for the update...

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would be happy if I could see the clock! Why did Honda put the clock at the top of the display? :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
The one jayhawkokie posted is made by a fellow Goldwinger who goes by ChrisE. I think he is on the Steve Saunders or GL1800 site (?) I was one of his first buyers (Pre-ebay) They are inexpensive, ($20) look OEM and work like a champ! Highly recommend!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts