Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just smoked my clutch on my new 2010 wing with 17,000 miles. I was taking the advanced riding class, I want to know if anybody has the best clutch available, name brand and part number, website,,etc..etc...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just smoked my clutch on my new 2010 wing with 17,000 miles. I was taking the advanced riding class, I want to know if anybody has the best clutch available, name brand and part number, website,,etc..etc...
Isn't this replaceable under warranty? I know it is a wear item but a one year old bike should not lose the clutch. I took the advanced rider course a few years ago and don't see where it should be that hard on a clutch as to cause failure.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Should be under warranty, no questions asked. Is there something we should know about nudels. Some behind the scene story to this clutch issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ya musta slipped it an awful long time in the "friction zone". The oil bath should have kept it cool until it heated up and started to slip first. I understand that the Honda clutch is really a good one too. I too would take it in to the dealership for warranty. Good luck.
Oh...did you pass the advanced course??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda is covering clutch under warranty

I was just wanting to see if they made a upgrade---and pay the difference to have it installed...This is my first Goldwing it is only like 3 months old,

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Definitely talk to your dealer. Clutches are a bit of a 'grey' area since they are succeptible to all forms of abuse by the rider (not implying that you did abuse the clutch) but any dealer worth ther salt will go to bat for you to see you are looked after. If you decide to go with a Barnett or other clutch, you can likely expect to have to pay that one, Honda will only cover a genuine Honda replacement.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Good to hear that Honda is going to cover the clutch under warranty. Ride safe.... and don't ride the clutch..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts