Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Wing and when I am riding facing due north my signal goes in and out. I assume this is because my body is blocking the antenna. Is there anyone else out there having this problem and is there any kind of recall out there or fix for this problem?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry just could not pass that one up----- I checked all the honda recalls and there is nothing that seems to fit this problem --- call Honda customer service (the number is in your owners manual) and see if they can help you --- it may be a simple as replacing the antenna

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an 09 Wing and when I am riding facing due north my signal goes in and out. I assume this is because my body is blocking the antenna. Is there anyone else out there having this problem and is there any kind of recall out there or fix for this problem?
I also have an 09 my signal is only blocked when something to the south of the antena is real tall (approx. 50 ft or taller)or in heavily treelined roads.The manual says to check the antena for this problem,at the dealer!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have the same problem xm cuts out on wide open roads wifey wants to cancel after 3 mos free service guess i'll have the dealer check it out i have an 09 ab model

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im also having that problem with my leftover 2009 that i bought brand new this year. I was wondering if there was a way to put an external antenna on to help solve this problem. If anybody has a solution please post!

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Don't have an answer but it seems to be a complaint shared by many on the cycle web forums. I have a Ford E-350 service van and have the antenna mounted on the dash board. Sure there are dead spots; but they are not induced by my direction of travel as the are by high sound barrier walls and heavy wooded areas. One would think that an antenna tucked inside the vehicle would more or less be hidden and really suffer from reception. I'll keep my eyes open for possible solutions . One thing I do know: Once you have ((XM)), you can never go back to FM. My FM radio is the least enjoyable part of my Wing. But I have an Ipod hookup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have XM in my car, that I bought in December. I'm finding that as the leaves get fuller on the trees, my signal is getting interupted more and more. Also, driving along the side of a steep mountian wreaks havoc on my XM signal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to the dealer yesterday and they took it all apart and checked everything as well as unplugging all connectors and replugging them in. Everything checked out ok. My belief is that its just a bad design unfortunately. I had Sirius on my other bike and experienced dropout, but they were few and far between. It could be maybe an XM problem as well. In hindsight I wish I would have just bought the level 1 and saved 2k and then just added my own Satellite radio as well as GPS unit since they are no longer gonna make updates for the GPS either. :mad:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have Sirius radio in my F-150 and hardly ever have a problem. The only problems I have is when I am in a city, next to very tall buildings and it affects the line of sight from the roof mounted receptor to the satellite or on really thick cloudy days. When I plug my Sirius receiver into my portable boom-box at home I know I have to face the receptor thing towards the south-east for good reception. That should not effect you though as you ride your motorcycle. I am thinking the only things that should affect your reception are very cloudy skies and tall buildings because of the line of sight issue. If something comes between the receptor and the satellite - then you will not have good reception. I might try to see how the reception is with and then without the wife. You might have to lose the wife as a passenger if she blocks reception:) just kidding of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts