Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got wing there was a tiny wire harness that came with it . I was told I could hook up my cellphone with it and promptly threw it away . Now I find myself in need of it and the dealer wants $35 for it ! I think I should at least get a kiss after getting *&%$#@ like that ! So...I'll cut off the plug from my grandsons ear budd ......Now , Where are the wires and what numbers or ID to I terminate too ???? I think the original had two staycon connectors , so , its a plug-in . I ride with American Legion Riders and Warrior Watch Riders to welcome homes , funerals and the like , I want to be able to play Kate Smith's Gog Bless America and Jimmie Hendrix's Anthem on demand ! A little help , please . Pax , Mongo

G

·
You order it is cheap and plugs into a harness under the left fairing pocket which takes 2 minutes to remove it and a pointy object.(paper clip,tooth pick)

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes , It came in a plastic bag - not hooked up - was told I could hook my cellphone up to it and promptly threw it away - Answering a cell phone while Im on my bike is never gonna happen . I have drill a hole thru glove box and attach wires from a jack , I dont know which wires ? Pax , Mongo

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Yes , It came in a plastic bag - not hooked up - was told I could hook my cellphone up to it and promptly threw it away - Answering a cell phone while Im on my bike is never gonna happen . I have drill a hole thru glove box and attach wires from a jack , I dont know which wires ? Pax , Mongo
First of all, you can't hook up your cell phone to it. It is an " audio out only. " All right, I see what you are looking to do. You can either buy the plug and play cable referenced previously, or custom fit an ear bud jack wire. You can either solder or buy the plug in connectors ( a separate manufacturer ) necessary to make this work or buy the MP3 cable assembly ready made. The hook-up point is the same inside the front left pocket. Your call.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx , Are the wires of hookup point marked ? I just cannot/will not pay $35 for a couple pieces of wire and an audio jack is all !

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
. I'll remove the left pocket and see where and what the jack wires hook up to. I apologize for not having a camera available at the moment. (1). Remove the left fairing storage pocket . Buried underneath it in the cavity you will find a rubber boot containing two connectors. The 2 wire connector ( red and black ) is for a 12 volt power outlet option in the storage pocket. The 3 wire connector is for the i-Pod/ mp3 player ( white, black/white, black ).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts