Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I've read a lot of good suggestions for removing the front left fairing pocket. My Wing has a 12V accessory outlet installed in the front right portion of the left fairing pocket. That outlet seems to be restricting me from removing the pocket. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? I'm attaching a how-to video that was posted in 2015, this shows that the pocket goes back in after installing a 12V accessory easily, but I seem to jammed and can't do anything other than pull straight up on the pocket to remove it, which is then blocked by the 12V accessory unit.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
What you have to do is left the lower part of the pocket first. It will be a little tight but it will come out.
I have one criticism of the video. I would rotate the socket in reverse from the video. The cable coming out of the socket should be at the bottom rather than the top. That would make it a little easier to get the pocket in and out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Jinx. I was able to get it out after I had published the question. I'll make sure to use your suggestion on reorienting the 12V adapter. Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts