Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 09 and have ordered fog lights that I plan on installing myself. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and am wondering how long it should take. Also am curious about adding additional LED lit accessories. Are they simple to access the plug and play or is there extensive equipment that generally has to come off? Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I had the dealer install the fog lights on my 09 when I purchased it so I can't be of much help with the installation. But, I'll be watching the replies from others because I'm thinking of installing LED lites on the trunks of my bike as well.

·
Registered
690 Posts
... HOWDY ... BEAM ME UP SCOTTY !!! 2-WHEEL IS ON THE LOOSE ... NEXT HE'LL HAVE LANDING LIGHTS - LASER BEAMS - ect ... AVID ... I DON'T THINK YOU AND 2-WHEEL WOULD HAVE ANY PROBS. DOING THE FOGS AND LED's MOST OF THE LIGHT INSTALL ARE PRETTY BASIC ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
470 Posts
fog lights

I agree the L.E.Ds require so little power...but, I was looking into the L.E.D. fog lights, there seems to be something a bit different when installing them;
There are different #'s when you have the airbag option..I don't know how that plays out,but, maybe a quick call to your dealer may be in order if that applies to your Wing?
If only L.E.D.'s where avialable back in the day, how many stators would still be on the shelf?...... :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to dealer

Thanks for the input. I did talk to the dealer today and he showed how it should be fairly easy to install the foglights and also where there is already a place on the lower left hand instrument panel for the switch. It is next to the hazards light switch and he said that there should be plugs inplace already to plug in the new wiring. That'll be a job for this weekend and will let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Goldwing fog lights

I just bought a new 09 and have ordered fog lights that I plan on installing myself. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and am wondering how long it should take. Also am curious about adding additional LED lit accessories. Are they simple to access the plug and play or is there extensive equipment that generally has to come off? Any help is appreciated.
One thing to take in consideration is the warranty. I purchased a GL1800 new and had my Honda OEM foglights installed by the dealer and now they are covered for Seven Years (Unlimited Miles) in case the switches go bad or even if the bulbs burn out Honda will replace it at no cost to me. Other than that, the foglight have come in handy on poorly lit back roads.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
One thing to take in consideration is the warranty. I purchased a GL1800 new and had my Honda OEM foglights installed by the dealer and now they are covered for Seven Years (Unlimited Miles) in case the switches go bad or even if the bulbs burn out Honda will replace it at no cost to me. Other than that, the foglight have come in handy on poorly lit back roads.
+1 on the dealer install. Wow, seven years; I always wondered what all we got for paying the exorbitant prices we have in Canada. For my extra $5large I got a matching 5 year warranty. If the prices go up some more maybe we'll be down to three years:confused: Good thing it's a Honda

1 - 7 of 7 Posts