Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 air bag model. 7500 miles and it is a year old. Bought it brand new. I have equity in it. It is black and I love it.
Was at the dealer today and saw a 2012 Red Nav model and made a mistake of asking them to run the numbers on a trade. WOW only about $30 or $40 more. Of course that does mean more years. So here is the question. How many of you would trade?
Do you think having the latest and greatest is better than having it paid off sooner? Upgrade GPS,stereo and seat????
Oh all the bling on mine he said he would be fine with putting it on the new one. THANKS for any opinion......:D

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Stay with the 08....They beat your a$$ on trade ins.....7500 miles doesn't even start up a Goldwing

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at 24 for the 12 and they will give me 16 for mine. I will kick in a little cash and keep my payments about the same. I am leaning to keeping what I have. One paid for is better financially. I can up grade my GPS with a ZUMO and buy new speakers....Once I get it paid for I can buy a ST1300 or a Kaw sport tourer. It sure is nice though.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Now your making good decisions....I have a similar plan. ST1300 in a couple of years.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Oh sure, where were you two when I had an ST to sell? LMAO He's giving you a fair shake on the trade in as near as I can tell, but refinancing adds that year or so back on to your payment schedule plus your cash kick in right? Yes the '12 is somewhat a better bike and nicer features/upgrades, but I'd keep the '08 if it were me. No indicators what Mother is bringing or how soon for the next generation, but that's where I'd lean anyway. Be different if Wings would wear out, loose their reliability and manners with time and miles but they don't. That's part of the reason Honda is so slow to change them, They're too good to mess up just for change sake.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Oh sure, where were you two when I had an ST to sell? LMAO He's giving you a fair shake on the trade in as near as I can tell, but refinancing adds that year or so back on to your payment schedule plus your cash kick in right? Yes the '12 is somewhat a better bike and nicer features/upgrades, but I'd keep the '08 if it were me. No indicators what Mother is bringing or how soon for the next generation, but that's where I'd lean anyway. Be different if Wings would wear out, loose their reliability and manners with time and miles but they don't. That's part of the reason Honda is so slow to change them, They're too good to mess up just for change sake.
Budoka.....speaking of the ST. We have a folk hero in these parts named Guy Boutin. He was a long rider called Bamarider. Did you have the opportunity to meet him?

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Sorry Ralph....Didn't mean to HiJack your Thread

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
PM your way EFINREF

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Ralph....Didn't mean to HiJack your Thread
No Biggee. :D I really have made the choice to keep what I have and pay it off asap and just dont want to be in debt for more years. I thank all who offered advice. :D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Considering the change is payment is not the way to consider any trade deal! IMHO.
It's the actuall dollar difference that means to be talked about. Then if one must borrow for a bike, the interest charged and the length of time does need to be considered but should not be the sole determining factor in accepting the deal.
So what is the actual difference they want????
I trade very rarely. However, I recieved such a great offer on my last bike purchase, I did trade.
I was offered $2,500 over KBB trade value for a 5year old bike w/47K on the clock(01 HD Ultra) and the dealer discounted the Wing $4,000 off MSRP+offered me any accesories I wanted @ 20% off at the time of bike purchase on an 06 Wing back in Aug of 06.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am sure the 2012 will grow on me as did the 2001 , now I think the 01 to 10 are the top of the food chain and the 12 needs to prove it's a better bike, as far as looks JMHO it has a way to go !

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds like you had a bad case of "BIKE FEVER"......I get that alot around new and used motorcycles....

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like you had a bad case of "BIKE FEVER"......I get that alot around new and used motorcycles....
Got it BAD! prob would have done the deal if I had been on my bike. Time and knowing it will still be there prevented from jumping. I have my eye on a 1983 XL250 with no title for the dirt right now. Money may be just a bit tight for that........Hmmmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts