Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the wing the other day to drive it to work. I looked down and the speedometer wasn't working. Tach and RPM gauge work fine! F1 light came on. I drove it home after work and was low of fuel. Stop filled it up and drove it home. F1 light came on after a few minutes of driving. Any idea what I can look for off hand?

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I started the wing the other day to drive it to work. I looked down and the speedometer wasn't working. Tach and RPM gauge work fine! F1 light came on. I drove it home after work and was low of fuel. Stop filled it up and drove it home. F1 light came on after a few minutes of driving. Any idea what I can look for off hand?
Did the Fl light blink or just come on steady ?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Tach and RPM gauge work fine????????

they are one and the same
You have to count the number of blinks fron the FI light, there are long and short blinks. Post what you find.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The number of blinks and their duration signifies what code is stored and what to do to remedy it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re:

I spoke to Trimble Honda dealer service manager. He said the 08 has a electronic speedometer and it still under the 3 yr. warranty, so bring it in. He said this is the 1st time he heard about this issue on the speedometer.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Good for them and good for you. I was thinking that the other day driving : an '08 should be under warranty. But we were ready to help and it isn't often I get a chance to offer any technical advise. I kind of wish you had an '06. But I had the Service Manual out and the pertinent pages opened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts