Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was on a ride up in North Carolina,We were eating breakfast and the discussion came up on the disappointment that there are no upgrades after 2009 for the 2008 GPS system,Someone then said that Honda or Garmin was working on it,Has anybody heard anything about this? Or is it just wishful thinking

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
I asked my Honda Canada rep the same question last week and he didn't know when it would happen. He did say it was supposed to be happening though.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure hope so,I hope they will treat it like a recall,But i am sure we will half to pay,But it would be nice to be able to upgrade I guess you can`t have your cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I don't have the Honda GPS on my wing but I have heard that the upgraded maps are about $199.00, if you can get it, You can buy a great Garmin GPS for that price and for a few dollars you can get life time upgrades.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
I've resigned myself to rely on the '08 factory GPS to show me where I'm at, and not use it to figure out where I am going.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I was on a ride up in North Carolina,We were eating breakfast and the discussion came up on the disappointment that there are no upgrades after 2009 for the 2008 GPS system,Someone then said that Honda or Garmin was working on it,Has anybody heard anything about this? Or is it just wishful thinking
I called Garmin in August 2010 and the salesman there said that the 2009 update would be available the 4th quarter of 2010. I keep checking but haven't seen it yet.

I am riding around on a used bike I just bought a few months ago and the owner didn't update the GPS from lack of riding (only 2,333 on the odometer). It is the 2005 edition. There have been many highway changes since then and I have already come across them but was able to figure out where I had to ride to get to the destination.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here, I hope they will come out with a fix that will go past 2009,But Joe has a good Idea,Thing is I hate to have something that can`t be fixed I guess it is a Tick LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts