Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 GL1800 and notice the sound on the rear speackers is not working even though i adjust the fade to rear speackers. Can anybody assist me. The wing has only 4850kms on it and is like new.The model i have is without the navigation,but with ABS.

RGDS SM

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I guess the first thing is, are the speakers there? With the bike being so new it is still under warranty so take it to the dealer, the rear speaker wires run along the hinge for the trunk lid and have been know to break after time of opening and closing the trunk but not that fast. When you turn the fader to full rear speakers do your front speakers go off?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear Speackers

Thanks Joe for your reply. I arrived home this evening to check and opened the area where the speackers are meant to be and notice that in fact there are none fitted on this particular bike. Makes no sense as it has a fader control and when the rear speackers are selected fully the front speackers emit some sound.

I notice on one of the websites that a harness and speackers are available so when i recover from the large outlay on buying the bike only yesterday i will order them.I also have a BMW 1200LT 2004 model which i will sell and seems even though its a 2004 model its more modern in some ways but the Wing is smoother and has a lower centre of gravity as i have had a few scary moments with a pillion and luggage on the LT when stopping in heavy traffic.

Keep me posted and if you can offer any further information let me know

RGDS STEVE M From Darkest Africa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts