Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just shipped home a 06 gw and foung out there is no owners manual, (I've ordered one). I would like to take the wing out for a ride , but I'm unsure about the oil level. On the center stand , without screwing the dipstick in, the level is about half way up the 2nd paddle from the bottom of the dipstick. Does that soung about right? I'm scared of having not enough oil , and screwing up the engine, (I've looked at other threads, but can't find any answers).I don';t want to wait 2 weeks for the manual to come in . I'm sure u understand. HELP!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dean,i went to Ehow to make sure if procedure same as 1500,it is.You are checking it correctly with the stick,but is the engine hot? Honda wants it full when hot.Sounds like you are ok,or close if engine is cold.It's on the stick so it's ok to warm it up and recheck.Congrats. on your purchase,enjoy. Ride often and Safe.

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
owners Manual ( 08 ) says: Bike on center stand; Let engine idle for 2 or 3 minutes; Stop engine and wait 2 - 3 minutes: Remove oil dipstick and wipe clean: Insert dipstick until it seats, but don't screw in: Remove and check - If the oil is at or near the upper level mark, don't do anything. If the oil is near or below the lower level mark, add to reach the upper level mark. Last line reads : " Check for oil leaks. " Go figure on that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.