Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I got two sets of helmet headset for my goldwing gl1800 but , they do not work , I check the installation and everything seems to be ok , the speakers work very good ,but nothing from the headset , maybe I'm missing something , please , can anybody help me ??.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Don't have an 1800 but I'm guessing you have a speaker/headset button you need to push. We have them on the 1500 so that's this ole Fossil's bet.

By the way welcome to the GWOF.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Don't have an 1800 but I'm guessing you have a speaker/headset button you need to push. We have them on the 1500 so that's this ole Fossil's bet.

By the way welcome to the GWOF.
got a speaker/headset button on the 1200's too

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
AUDIO button, top one on the left, push it and release it, that switches audio from outside speakers to helmet speakers, also the CB button does the same thing for the CB,
There are many other functions that the volume and station knobs do, If you have an owners manual, I would suggest you read it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much guys, but I did all that and nothing , I don't want to take it to the dealer because they are sharks ,thank you very much for your welcome.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Did you check the pins on the conector to see if any are bent, broken or missing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need somebody to give an advise on this matter , please, because I can't find the solution , all the connections are fine , I disarmed my goldwing so many times already because of this that I can do it with my eyes closed , I try another pair of headset and nothing , no sound, ufff I'm getting bananas here.(I don't have sound from the headset connections .

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site pilotowinger. If you are afraid of your dealer, use that as an excuse to go on a jaunt (sorry, dunno where you're at) to another dealer. Ask for the service writer and explain your plight. He may just offer to have a look at it for you and check all the controls, connections, settings and such. Obviously if he has to put it in the shop there would be a charge, but he might find something you overlooked and we haven't twigged on (there are lots of settings to confuse a new owner with) and with a simple touch of a button all could be fine. Worst that can happen is you get a ride out of it and he tells you that he has to have a shop tech look at it on a (you pay) work order. You can always say no to the shop looking at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts