Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2006 Goldwing 1800 starts okay but when I turn the key to off nothing happens. I have to use the kill switch to stop the engine but the dash lights remain on. To turn everything off I have to pull the 10 amp fuse marked "HEAD MAIN" in the main fuse box. To start the trike the fuse must be replaced and the whole scenario starts again ?????? I sure hope someone has the solution to this old guy's problem.

Ridengeezer

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Bad ignition switch. Check to see if when you turn the key the switch itself also turns. If so check to see if there is a short in the wires

LOCK SET part # 35010-MCA-A61
SWITCH ASSY., COMBINATION & LOCK part # 35100-MCA-A62
BASE, CONTACT part # 35101-MCA-A62

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 2006 Goldwing 1800 starts okay but when I turn the key to off nothing happens. I have to use the kill switch to stop the engine but the dash lights remain on. To turn everything off I have to pull the 10 amp fuse marked "HEAD MAIN" in the main fuse box. To start the trike the fuse must be replaced and the whole scenario starts again ?????? I sure hope someone has the solution to this old guy's problem.

Ridengeezer
One quick question. Do you have the high beams on? If so, turn them off and see if the bike shuts down with the key. If it does, you have a ground issue in the fairing harness behind the gauge assembly. If it still doesn’t turn off with the key, then it’s definitely your ignition switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts