Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey GoldWing family.....I have a 2006 GL 1800 goldwing with blown speakers. Does anyone know of any aftermarket speakers i can purchase that will fit with little to no adjustments.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are a number of after market speakers for the Wing. J&M comes to mind. They tend to be a bit pricy, but have great sound quality. If you do a internet search I'm sure you will come up with others. Good luck in your search and ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
two wheel wing

is there a problem installing the J & M speakers? Is there a significant difference in the factory speakers? the factory speakers are double the price of the aftermarkets.....

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Factory speakers are more $$ because they are Honda, it's that simple. From comments made on other Wing forums speakers from J&M and others seem to have better sound and quality. Most are waterproof and should just mount and plug into existing location. I've never had to replace speakers on my bikes but there a lot of folks who have. Biggest thing is taking off the covers and putting back on properly.

I'm sure others will chime in on this for you. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Two Wheel is right on that. The hardest part is the removal of the grilles and the associated fairing peices. If you don't have a shop manual get one, there was a post somehere on this forum about downloadable pdf manuals, and I even think they were free. Go to Wingstuff, they have lots of options for speakers if I remember right.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... How About Trying A Car Audio Shop ... That Way You Can Listen To Different Speakers And Pick Out What Sounds Best And Is In You're Price Range ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just repaired a rattle in the right rear speaker/armrest assembly. It wasn't assembled properly. What I also found was that the magnet in the speaker had broken loose. There was only one little dab of glue holding and it let go. I used 3M weather strip adheasive and glued the speaker magnet back in place. I no longer have the annoying rattle from the back riding over railroad tracks. Maybe you could try gluing the magnets back in the frame of the speaker. Larry.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
This may be off your subject in a way , but I do have a question for the group. Back on my 2003 GL 1800 it seemed to me the volum automaticly rose with the speed of the bike (I think ?) Now my 2010 does not do this and I must use head set or jack up the volume to like 26 to hear it , in turn this May blow the speakers ?? Question, am I missing setting a sound controll or do these Wings no longer have auto volum ?
Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello William, does your bike have the nav system or without navigation? My 2006 has the navigation system with the premium sound and you will find that pushing the left knob or maybe the right on the radio panel will bring up the options that I think you are looking for. Larry.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
This may be off your subject in a way , but I do have a question for the group. Back on my 2003 GL 1800 it seemed to me the volum automaticly rose with the speed of the bike (I think ?) Now my 2010 does not do this and I must use head set or jack up the volume to like 26 to hear it , in turn this May blow the speakers ?? Question, am I missing setting a sound controll or do these Wings no longer have auto volum ?
Bill
My 2002 has AVC, Automatic Volume Control, goes up and down with the speed. I think most with the premium audio have it

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
AVC is a great feature. Only other vehicle I had it in was a Chevy pick-up truck and man do you miss this feature when you don't have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts