Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my personal GL1800. Titanium, Comfort, Nav, ABS. The bike is a one owner. I purchased it new in 06 and have been the only rider since it was purchased. I have fanatically maintained this bike. It is garaged unless I am riding it. The bike has just over 22K miles. I have invested over 6K in accessories for a total of over 28K invested. Below is a list of additions. $18,900.00

Garmin Zumo 550 GPS - for a total of two GPS systems, LED Lighted Trunk Molding $170.00 LED Lighted Saddlebag Molding $225.00 3 piece carpet set - $30.00 Driver floorboards $360.00 Chrome heal to toe shifter - $170.00 Luggage rack $216.00 CB installed - $800.00 Factory painted trunk spoiler with lights - $270.00 Helibar riser - $100.00 Backrest $260.00 Passenger - factory arm rests - $250.00 Chrome - Passenger floorboard cover - $37.00 Fog lights - $249.00 Chrome/rubber - battery side inserts $89.00 Chrome timing chain cover - $85.00 Chrome kick stand - $89.00 Chrome front lower cowl - $107.00 Upper-vented & lower wind deflectors $200.00 Chrome timing chain cover $60.00 Amber lighted front rotor covers $260.00 Shark tooth fender accents $45.00 Front fender extension with rubber $63.00 Front J&M speakers $90.00 Rear J&M Speakers - $85.00 J&M Passenger controller - $100.00 King cooler - saddlebag cooler - $40.00 Chrome valve covers - $153.00 Iridium spark plugs - $48.00 Total Installation - over $800.00 New tires front & rear.

If interested email me - [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beautiful!!!

Im new here. I have to say that you have made the DREAM MACHINE!!! Beautiful. I love the Silver - so classy! Great taste and all quality components. A great VALUE!!! [drooling]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciation

Thanks for the flowers guys. It literally brings tears to my eyes to have to sell it. I just can't ride it right now. I damaged a disk mid way down my back about 7 years ago. I re-injured it about 6 months ago. I have only ridden the bike twice since and then endured excruciating pain for days afterwords.
I will ride again it just may be a few years down the road. It took about a year and a half the first time to heal up. I am expecting the same again.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
sorry to hear about the reingery clay, get well soon. i have a bad disc in my neck that kept me from riding for about ten years and i would hate to reinjure it because it makes driving uncomfortable too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know how you feel. Those that have never experienced a back injury are lucky or blessed. Anyone that has ever damaged a disk can definitely relate to the definition of extreme pain. It took around two years last time I reinjured the disk.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Clay, does the bike have an extended warranty? Has the base warranty run out yet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Warranty

I just checked this out and found the bike is 39 months old. I didn't purchase the extended warranty because it is normally just a gimmick. It is big business for the dealers but seldomly used. If any machine is going to give trouble it will normally fail within the first year.

Now with that said I know this is a used bike and no one but myself knows the history of this bike. Due to these circumstanced it may be wise to purchase an aftermarket warranty from a reputable company.

I don't have a problem with an inspection providing the inspection is performed by a qualified Honda Technician.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have designed a web page for this bike which includes quite a few photos of the bike. If you are interested just click the link below.

http://www.motorcycle-communications.com/bike-gl1800.html
WOW is all I can say! Beautiful bike Clay I wish I was in the market right now it would be worth the trip to TX to buy your bike and ride it back to VA what a trip that would be. I wish you the best and will pray for your recovery, again awesome job on your bike very tasteful without going over the top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts