Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a friend of mine not to buy a 1800 older than 2005 because there were several improvements during and after that year. He never said what was done to the 1800 to make them that much better. Would some of the veteran riders comment on this so I have an idea what he was talking about?

·
Administrator
29,080 Posts
Friends never have a problem spending "their" friends money.:err:

Seriously although your friend is correct that there were improvements there are also some very nice 2001 to 2004 Wings out there. As long as frame recalls were completed & bikes were well cared for you should not have any issues. Heck you can even get a great 1500.

So summing it up the best I can. Figure out your budget for a bike, then start the search, plenty of good, well cared for Wings out there. When you find the one that sings the "Ride Me" song you will know it.

Good Luck. As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.:icon_smile_cool:

Reactions: Dannydreamer

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
"Improvements" are made to most every vehicle there is, each year. Most of these "improvements" are thought out years ahead so there is something "new" each year to draw in buyers/traders.
In the case of the 1800 Wing there have been no major changes that mean much since it's inception in 2001.
Many way over priced "gadgets" have been added one year and then later made standard equipment on later years, with the over pricing added to the MSRP of the new model.
What you want included "kinda" sets the tone for what you look for.
Unless you must have ABS, I would steer away from the later models that have comfort, nav, TPMS on them. Mostly useless items that Honda added as options, then when people started shying away from them, Honda added them as standard equipment to recover the investment in these items!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The 06 and newer had bigger alternators, bigger radiators for better cooling, more powerful radios, Euro tail lights, a different type of dash, I had an 02 and an 08, both were great bikes, but if I were buying another wing it would be an 08 or newer. Several 06 & 07's have tranny problems with ghost shifting. And 10 to 05 had problems with frame cracking in places other than Honda did the re weld at.

Reactions: Dannydreamer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.