Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently seen a 2004 White Goldwing for sale at a BMW motorcycle dealership with 24,000 miles non-abs asking $14,999.00.
I was wondering what a fair retail price and if that was a good year for the wings and if there was any problems???
Appreciate any input.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I bought my 2008 Pearl White with 8,900 miles on it back in November of 09 from a local private seller for $18,000 cash. Audio and heated comfort package/ Navigation, non-ABS . Doesn't answer your question specifically, but it can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I think the loan value on a '04 at the top end is 11,500. I gave 9000.00 for my 02 with 41,000 miles. I guess it depends on your area and how nice the bike is:)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
That should put it between 12,500 and 13000....maybe 13,500 with ABS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have an 04 Wing, base model, that I bought used 3 years ago with 16,000 miles on it. The only concern was the frame/weld Crack issue, but that had already been taken care before I purchased the bike. I paid $13,000 out the door. I figured that it was a fair price since in the Southern California area, there were only five other 1800's listed for sale on Cycle Trader at the time, and they were all listed/offered at a much higher price.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
You have a good memory. Switch back to a HD Roadglide Custom 2011 may be looking for a used wing.
Your accent was a dead giveaway. The Road- Glide is a sweet bike. I'm contemplating renting that instead of the Ultra Classic next year in Arizona. The larger fixed front fairing is closer in style to the Wing. Can you comment on the wind flow of the Road-Glide compared to the Ultra-Glide model ?

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I think $15k is high for the 2004. I would think something closer to the $12k-$13k would be what I would be willing to pay. JMHO

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your accent was a dead giveaway. The Road- Glide is a sweet bike. I'm contemplating renting that instead of the Ultra Classic next year in Arizona. The larger fixed front fairing is closer in style to the Wing. Can you comment on the wind flow of the Road-Glide compared to the Ultra-Glide model ?
I would say the Batwing Fairing has less wind noise however I had made modifications which greatly reduce noise level. In my opinion the Roadglide has a better overall ride and many say it is the best riding tourer in the HD family.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Too high

I also think the price is high even for a dealer. Just two weeks ago I bought my GW from a private party in Pennsylvania. 2007 with everything but airbags, 9,700 miles for $14,700. There were many others in the 2006-2008 age for me to choose from at around that price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I paid $14,000 from a private party last October for my 2004 GL1800 with 27,000 miles on it. He included a lot of extras, including luggage, jackets, rain gear, highway pegs, LED turn signals, trunk rack, helmet with speaker system, etc. At the time the bike by itself had a Blue Book value of $14,000 with average sales in northeast Ohio being the same price. I felt I got a good deal as I knew of the fellow who took great care of the bike and had had it since only 3,000 miles were on it. I haven't had a second thought since.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I am amazed at the lack of knowledge about the KELLY BLUE BOOK website or NADA website. You can look up the value of almost anything and any year on these sites and the best thing is THEY ARE FREE!!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Sounds high to me, but you could always make them an offer. Worst they can do is refuse, and you never know,they might be willing to part with it for much less than the asking $. It's either that or they'll sit on it over the winter;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
My two cents...

I'll add my two cents to the price discussion- I just bought a 2007 GW with 9,700 miles on it two weeks ago for $14,700. It was in "like new" condition. I found it on Craigslist in central PA. In my research, I found lots of bikes to choose from in the 2007-2008 year range with miles from 10,000-30,000 (still a baby, I'm told) for around $15,000-$17,000.

As the cold weather sets in, I bet there will be more folks who would rather have some $$$ than to face the prospect of storing their bike for the winter. My advice would be to keep looking.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It may be on consignment. I recently sold my Silverwing scooter through a dealer. When I went in there, they had it listed at well over $500. over Blue Book and $1300. over the street price. I don't know what they sold it for, but I got what I wanted for it from them. I think they inflate so they can deal a little & still make money + they have overhead to pay.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Six Weeks ago I picked up a 2004 for $5000 with 38000 miles. My buddy had it and even had it on consignment all summer. Had takers, but no one could get a loan. He kept on me to buy it and didn't really want it. Joking I said 5. He said if your serious its yours. Two days later it was mine.

Couldn't be happier. Put almost 2000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Six Weeks ago I picked up a 2004 for $5000 with 38000 miles. My buddy had it and even had it on consignment all summer. Had takers, but no one could get a loan. He kept on me to buy it and didn't really want it. Joking I said 5. He said if your serious its yours. Two days later it was mine.

Couldn't be happier. Put almost 2000 miles on it.
Wow!!! Thats all I can say....Wow!!! Nothing else i can think of:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts