Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, haven't been here in some time, Wow things have changed. Well it looks like I'm going to have the carbs on my 1989 done and then will possibly sale it. I found a 2003 illusion blue trike in my area with a matching trailer with 93,000 miles for $10k. Its a champion trike kit and at a glance looks like an Escapade trailer. Seems like a good deal, what do you think ?? What to look for ?? Heres the link

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
28,270 Posts
Hey Chris, long time. Welcome back to the GWOF.

That looks like a nice deal and 1800's are great machines.

On another note, since you were here last, my wife and I relocated to AZ. so when this crazy world calms down we should maybe make some plans to get together and do some riding.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heck yea,
I'm also looking at the Spyders out there. Seem like nice machines, parts are high though.
Thanks for the welcome back

·
Super Moderator
28,270 Posts
I looked at the Spyders as well when I made the decision to go to 3 wheels. The one thing that stood out was that you should be looking at a 2014 or newer because that has the 1330 engine. 2013 and older has the 998 engine. Most of the Spyder people I saw chatting about it said "Night and Day" between them.

Also when I was doing my research there seemed to be some nuisance things that were an almost given you would experience them. I know all motorcycles have their own quirks and issues but I just didn't feel I wanted to switch away from Honda. We actually rented a CanAm on one of our trips to AZ. It was nice, my wife liked it but we ended up with a GL1500 w/Motortrike conversion.

Best of luck on the search.

·
Super Moderator
11,592 Posts
Looks like a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
9,766 Posts
Nice looking trike at what seems to be a reasonable price. Good luck on your decision..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts