Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning, I was working on my bike this weekend and tried to fix my hazzard switch it won't stay on, went to Honda to bye a new switch but was told they don"t sell just the switch that I would have to buy the whole pannel, can you let me know if there is any way to fix the switch it will not stay in.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First, welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. Some folks have had success by spraying cleaner into the switch which will loosen up the unit. If it's broken inside then a new switch is in your future. Enjoy the site and ride safe. Where is home for you??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I was told you can not buy the switch on its own, you must buy the whole pannel and I am from Barrie, On, Canada

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Joe to the rescue again! Let us know what works out for you jeff, we'd be hooped if Joe was to forsake us:eek:

·
Registered
145 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning, I was working on my bike this weekend and tried to fix my hazzard switch it won't stay on, went to Honda to bye a new switch but was told they don"t sell just the switch that I would have to buy the whole pannel, can you let me know if there is any way to fix the switch it will not stay in.
They do sell the switch assembly (panel). I had the running light switch go bad on my "02" GL1800 and I bought the swithch from the Honda dealer and replaced it. The hazard switch is in the same panel and comes out with the running light switch. An added note my hazard switch sticks on, so I don't use it. I may replace it some day but it has not been a priority.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts