Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to buy a replacement LH rearview mirror but the only thing we can find is a complete replacement assembly including the mirror. Does anyone know where to buy just a replacement LH mirror, either new or used? If not, what about a replacement used mirror assembly in Illusion Blue P44P? Any ideas where to get one of these cheap and not pay $236 retail? Also, I am the second owner of my bike and it has some LED lighting along the left side of the mirror that flash with the turn signals. The lights are on a LED light bar (about 2" high) that appears to be glued to the back of the mirror. We may need to replace the left one since it is glued and may not come off easily. My question is if Kuryakyn is the only manufacturer of such LED lighting that fits inside the mirror housing that is attached to the back of the mirror? The Kuryakyn LED lights are advertized as being amber in color but the lights on my bike seem to be more red than amber. This is what makes me wonder if they are Kuryakyn or something else. In the middle of this repair/replacement so whatever anyone can tell me will be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks joe for the response. Do either of the websites you mentioned actually sell something to replace existing broken glass? Or do both have products that stick on over the top of what is there? My situation is that the glass is pretty badly fractured and I would prefer replacing the glass. Wish I could find the actual Honda mirrors and just reinstall them in my mirrors. I have been to both websites you suggested and am still confused about how their products work. E mails to both are pending reply. Do you have any ideas where I can find just a used stock Honda mirror? Thanks again for your response.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mistern,
I broke the RH glass on my 1800 a while ago. Could not find just the glass with OEM plastic mount on the back. Was not going to pay Honda for a whole assy just to get the mirror. Shopped around the Net, Ebay etc. Could not find a stock OEM mirror (glass only). Found places that had a glass replacment piece but you applied it over the cracked glass which I did not want to do. Bit the bullet, bought Muth mirrors with built in LED turn signals. Cheaper than one mirror assy from Honda. Super easy to install - look great and work great too. I already sold the stock good LH mirror from my bike - sorry.
Good luck
Rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rob, thanks for this info. Didn't know anything about Muthco.com. Have already done all the searching, etc and don't like paying Honda for a totally new assy. when mine is probably OK except for the mirror. Have to repair it some on the inside and touch up a scratch. Question - do you like the Muth mirrors better than the stock Honda mirrors and why? What about the blue color, is this worth the extra $? I already have Kuryakyn LED turn signals so replacing the mirror has been my focus. But the Muth mirrors seem like more recent technology with the turn signal integrated into the mirror much the same as my car mirrors. I wish you hadn't sold your LH assembly because I would have bought it in a minute. These are hard to find as you point out. Wish I could just find a mirror for $50 and install it along with my Kuryakyn LED lights. If you have any ideas where to get a used mirror, please let me know. Would also appreciate a response re: Muth mirrors and how you like them and what you think about the blue color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts