Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Wing for six months and rode with GWRRA group several times. First ride my CB was working fine. On the last two rides (including the Road Captain training class), I could not transmit. It happened again today. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. We changed wires, harnesses, helmets and so on.

So today, after many different tests I reached into the LEFT POCKET and pulled my IPOD SHUFFLE out of there and unplugged it and my CB has been fine ever since.

SO, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

I've heard of the IPOD interfering with a Garmin and other GPS devices if it is in the left pocket.

How do you run the wires to put it in the right pocket? I have THREE FEET of wire extension to work with and WILL THIS FIX THE PROBLEM because communication when riding in a GROUP is MORE IMPORTANT THAN A STUPID SONG.

Thanks, TopGunPilot

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't know about an iPod, but my Zune has a wireless option (similar to bluetooth I assume) that allows you to share your songs/playlists/etc with other Zunes within a few feet of you.. perhaps your iPod is emitting a signal that interferes with your CB!?!?! It should be as simple as disabling the wireless (my Zune calls it "social") option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts