Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my cruise control packed in. I took the bike to a Honda dealer and after testing it was decided that my master switch was probably playing up and the front brake switch so they were replaced at another visit. More money laid out. New switches fitted to no avail, still not working. Not enough voltage at a terminal (workshop manual). Dealer thought that it could be ECU (mega bucks). I left it at that and paid more money for that inspection. Later it was suggested that it might be the footbrake switch was faulty. Replaced still not working. I contacted Honda dealer were the bike came from originally to find out if my ECU had been replaced under recall. It had been replaced in 2005. I was told that it might be the Cruise Relay that is causing the problem which is near the ECU. What do I do buy an ECU or the Cruise relay, relay is cheaper?

·
Registered
470 Posts
It sounds like that shop is just trying whatever they can get you to pay for...a REAL tech would have checked all of those things before deciding to just throw money at the problem. I'd be pissed if it were me!:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.