Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My name is David and I am picking up my new Goldwing in 2 weeks.

I would love to see your storage solutions! Looking at the trunk and bags I am pondering ways to organize and store items for day trips with easy access and not sliding all over the place. Touring options seem rather straight forward with luggage liners and the like, it is the quick access stuff that I am trying to nail down.

All kinds of "Goldwing" options out there but would like to see what all of you with experience have come up with and what works.

Thanks in advance

-Dave

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. On day trips I store my rain gear in the trunk for easy access. As for long trips I am usually maxed out and movement is not a problem. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We use a bag on the trunk rack for our rain gear and other handy items.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I travel solo, so.....

In my right saddlebag, I have an Ultragard Touring Half Cover and my 2 piece rainsuit. That's all that fits!

In my left saddlebag, I have a Hopnel Saddlebag Liner and my iPod connected to the USB outlet. I put most of my clothes in the Hopnel bag.

In my trunk, I have my other helmet (I switch between my 3/4 helmet and modular helmet depending on conditions). I also have my hat, facemask and other riding jacket. I switch between my leather jacket and mesh jacket as needed. Also, sunglasses, extra gloves, magnified mirror, and other small things.

I also have a large dry bag that I dump the rest of my stuff in and strap that to the rear seat using ROK Straps.

In the front compartment, I keep my phone, USB flash drive loaded with mp3's, key fob, credit card sized wallet, small notebook to record mileage/gas usage, etc. pen, and garage door opener. I keep the fob there on long trips so I don't have to stop and put it there if it starts to rain. I don't put anything in the right side front compartment.

Without the large dry bag strapped to my rear seat, I don't think I could travel. I'm not sure how anyone could.

The only real quick access stuff I need is the rainsuit, hat and facemask. When I stop for gas or pee, I grab my phone, wallet and fob from the front compartment. I keep my modular helmet on even when using the gas station bathroom.

And if I go into a store, I put my helmet, jacket and gloves in the shopping cart and grab my hat and facemask from the trunk.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
We pack all items we do not need in the saddlebags and trunk luggage liners and the stuff we need to access ( wife's purse, raingear etc.) on top of the liner in the trunk. We have used this system for a week or longer trips. For a day trip what we need just goes in the trunk and haven't had anything rolling around.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've had Goldwing's since 2002, and never needed any more room, unless I travel, then I tow a trailer behind me. (I have to be gone at least a week/too pull trailer)

Ronnie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts