Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather has been extremely agreeable in SE Virginia lately, so my wife and I set out for a longer 2-up ride this weekend. No dinner out on this ride; just around the 3 adjoining towns and stop in to see my daughter's family. This was a higher speed ride on the interstate and boy, oh boy, does my GL1500 haul axx with both of us. I had said in a prev post that I can't tell the dif riding solo or 2-up, except that the trike kit rides smoother 2-up - and it's true - I can't tell the difference at slow speeds or high speeds.

As an aside, on my way to work today, I needed to pass some cars. With other bikes, I'd drop down a gear and gun it, but I decided to see how the GL1500 would handle going from 45mph to 65mph in 5th gear. Worked great; not that I'd want to do that all the time.

There is so much freakin' power in that 6cyl engine. Why am I singing this bike's praises now when I've owned it for a year? It was just fairly recently that I had the bike's carbs rebuilt and since then, it runs like a new bike. Before then, I didn't know what I was missing!

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
A good carb rebuild and sync does wonders.
A Valkyrie trike when the carbs are rebuilt and synced is a real eye opener too.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
The Valk's had a far rammier power delivery than the sedate Wing. A carb for each cylinder and a couple other tweaks make a big difference in the performance comparison. There's a lot of unused potential in that opposed engine!:D

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
if you feel that your 1500 trike is great stay away from an 1800 trike

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
My 1500 did outrun an 1800 twice, and it even got to humiliate one of the braggy instructors from Wyotech who had a bunch of mods to his Harley. It ain't no slouch. Both trikes were behind me when we sat at the light and when the light changed I took off and when I got to the next one they weren't there yet, pulled over and waited for them both, there isn't anything you'd want to pull over for, but once you discover the secret the bike has you'll understand how it walked away from them.
Now the Valkyrie trike that's a one awesome ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts