Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I went to our local Honda dealer today just to look. She is thinking about getting another bike. She had one a few years ago, and was looking at the 2012 Honda Phantom. When we pulled in, there was a VTX 1300 sitting out front, and sais "hey thats a pretty bike, thats a 750 right?" I told her no, its a 1300. Well, she sat on it, and it looks like a perfect fit. She did not ride it because she only had flip flops on. But we started it, and right away, she sais "I dont like those loud pipes" They are selling the bike for someone else, so I have them checking on the stock pipes. They were asking $5900. Then, I looked over and there sits a matching colored 95 Goldwing! Long story short, I took it for a ride, and holy crap what a ride compared to my 85 wing. They were asking $6500 for it. So, I am hoping she wants to go take it for a ride, and falls in love. Hopefully I will be hanging a Fore Sale sign on old blue.

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Let's hope it all works out well for you Big guy.

Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Oh boy, a two-fer... Good luck

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I hope you can pull it off for the both of you. Yes the 95 1500 is quite a ride, I think you will enjoy it.

Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
That's what I did;, went from an 85 to a 95. An incredible difference in technology and ride experience.

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
it sure would be nice to see you and soqs riding side by side on those

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Well I for one really like the look of that 1500. Seems familiar.;)

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Looks like two real good finds there BD. Never understand why peeps don't hold on to their stock pipes for just that reason:confused:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: I went at 8:30 this morning, and took the Wing out again. Had it for 2 hours! I will be going back in an hour with my wife to pick it up! She will be taking the 1300 for a ride to see if she likes it. If nothing else, I will be coming home with my new Wing at the end of the day. It has EVEYTHING I want in a bike.

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Good for you pal.:D

·
Premium Member
6,425 Posts
Congrats & Enjoy your new to you ride(s)!

Mark

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
did she like the vtx1300

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, the last few days have been a blur...... I baught my Wing on Wednsday, then I sold my old one yesterday after having it for sale for 20 hours. Then lastnight, I took the wife back, and she test road the Phantom, and commited to buying it. we were suppose to go back today to seel the deal. It was a brand new bike, and after she got to thinking about after we got home, she decided she really didnt want to spend that much, so this morning at 8:00 she called them back, and told them she needed to think about it some more. They were really cool about it, and told her that she needed to get what she really wanted to be happy, knowing that they didnt have anything used she wanted. So, this morning, while she was at work, I rode 70 miles to another dealer who had 3 Honda Spirits, just like her bike she had before. The only one that was worth the oney was a 2009, in the same color as my wing! I put $100 down, and camwe home. After work, I picked her up, and we rode the 70 iles again, and she is now the new owner of the 2009 Honda Spirit.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I forgot to mention, she rode the VTX 1300 C, and did like it, but just felt that she had to reach too far for the bars, and the pegs.

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Well I must admit that when you guys do things you certainly make an adventure of it.:cool:

Congrats to the little lady on her new ride.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts