Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I leave around noon today for a lil' weekend trip, and I'm ready to see how the trip goes. Going about 90 miles away for a non-cycle related meet and camping tonight so I'll be loaded. Riding solo. Will include pics with an after trip report.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
only 90 miles? thats just a trip to the grocery store on a wing. have fun and ride safe

·
Super Moderator
11,790 Posts
Ride safe and enjoy your trip

only 90 miles? thats just a trip to the grocery store on a wing.
:D:D:D:D

I went for a 70 mile ride the other day and it feels like I just hopped on and off!!

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
DON'T GO, DON'T GO. There will terrible after effect from it for you. You'll be days trying to get that silly:D off your face.
Nah just go and enjoy it. With very little effort you can turn the return trip into 200 or more miles.

Join the :D:Ding gang
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Enjoy your ride but be SAFE. Keep a safe zone around you where possible and watch out for all those four wheelers around you. This is a long holiday weekend and some will have tipped a few.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Well, you're already on the road by now, but safe and fun journey! Ah, pics when ya get home pls!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wonder where Mr. Robertson rode to this weekend? Although it is a little wet over there eh?:p

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
This Mr. Robertson pretty much stayed home kind of drippy weather in the Northwest Corner, this morning so I've been working on installing some LED tail lights on the Kwik Kamp. Did get out last night for a dinner ride with a couple guys from our GWRRA Chapter( the Ladies were all at a Mary Kay party). Maybe a short local ride tomorrow
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
102 Posts
"Maybe a short local ride tomorrow"
ya, me too... I did manage to get the lawn mowed today between showers... (sigh...)

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys I'm home safe. Only got a couple of pics and will share them later. Off to church for the day. May take momma and go back to a couple of places for more pics. Trip out was down the I-44 turnpike and then home on good old route 66.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Well did you go over 90 miles on your trip???? For me that how far I have to go to get my bike serviced...

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Well did you go over 90 miles on your trip???? For me that how far I have to go to get my bike serviced...
If " jcarr " actually did a 180 mile round trip that would set a new low mileage record for a weekend trip on a Wing. If we were riding right now we wouldn't be picking on you jcarr.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well guys it turned out to be about a 200 mile round trip. first tank of fuel I got 32.9 mpg and have not had to fill her back up yet. As I posted before I went out on the turnpike as i was traveling with a friend, not a rider, and came back on route 66. The trip on the pike was fast and furious, avg. speed was 85-90 mph :rolleyes:and the wind was brutal.:eek: If I had slowed down I'd been run over, so for the return trip on saturday I decided to slow down and take the Mother Road.

I've noticed many post about needing a 6th gear and after this trip I must agree. While on the pike and running 85 mph I was turning around 3500 rpm and sucking down some fuel. I think its time to put my mind to trying to find a way to help this problem.

I was gonna post a couple of pics but having trouble uploading them to photobucket.:confused:

Don't worry about picking on me guys, I'm just happy to get the free time to make the 200 mile round trip right now. I gotta find someone here locally to ride with to make trips more fun. Good thing is weather is starting to get better here in the heartland and maybe i can ride more. I think that finding a baby sitter for the 5 kids is whats keeping momma from riding with me more.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
If you ride too far you will not be able to join the CAT club[Candy Assed Tourers]. LOL. 200 miles is a good ride. Sometimes it is about the miles to get somewhere, other times it about the ride and enjoying it and what there is to see. It's going to be hard getting her out if the kids are not old enough to look after themself. Eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts