Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this site, and my wife and I just picked up our new 2012goldwing last night. Wow, what a difference from our VTX1800. The bike has a completely didfferent "feel" than the VTX, but after 50 miles, I felt better. The VTX will completely out gun the goldwing, but you know when you're getting "old" when you pull up to a signal light, and are listening to country music....
I really like all the input the riders add. Seems like a really good site, and we're planning our weekend ride to Niagra falls this weekend.
Happy riding all
Jim and Mel

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Jim from PA. Enjoy the site and the new ride. Be sure to take some time to fill in your profile a bit & when you get a chance post a few pictures of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
hello jim, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new wing

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from down in Alabam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey...a fellow VTX bud.... It is a wow factor, but I will say I'm a cam head, and the new goldwing was a little disappointing on the horse power end. I guess I'm just used to the VTX1800 and the "few" changes I made to it. It flew! No regrets though. Maybe the goldwing will need a "few" changes down the road coming....:)

·
Premium Member
24,116 Posts
Hey...a fellow VTX bud.... It is a wow factor, but I will say I'm a cam head, and the new goldwing was a little disappointing on the horse power end. I guess I'm just used to the VTX1800 and the "few" changes I made to it. It flew! No regrets though. Maybe the goldwing will need a "few" changes down the road coming....:)
I was good for about 200 miles on that scoot and then I was all but crippled. The sad part about it is my neighbor VTX rider and I don't get together like we used to. A 400 mile day ride is not something he is eager to join me on.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Wing, enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. Have a great trip to the falls..

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome Jim and congrats on the new Wing. Don't worry about the music, just slip on over to Classic Vinyl on XM and hear some good old classic R&R;):D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome from a second member in Alabama... I went from a V-Star 1100 to the GW.... Enjoy the new ride, but be warned if you go to Niagra and post the ride here, pictures are a must. I think it's EFINREF that says without pics, it didn't happen!;)

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! The bike is ready, and so are we. Off to Niagra tomorrow morning. Yes we will post pictures.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Make sure you get to the falls before midnight. Took my first honeymoon there and it was late but my bride wanted to see the falls. I was walking ahead of her and said, "honey it's so beautiful" As she reached the handrail to view the falls they turned off the lights. Grrrr, was she mad. Seemed like our honeymoon went downhill from there. Don't camp in Ontario in the summer. The mosquito's were so ferocious that they carried her away and I haven't seen her since. No lie, mosquito's in eastern Canada are listed as predators.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I live in Niagara Falls, so if you need any tips on where to go just ask. Hope you enjoy the new bike and your stay in my home town.

Lou

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.The wife and I along with another couple were just up the falls last month 4 a few days and the over to Erie 4 the rally.Have a fun time!!!:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts