Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I picked up an 81 GL1100I about a month ago so far i have been taking short rides around town to get the feel for it.
yesterday decided to see how she/I felt on the Highway since the CB400 dosen't seem to have the power for hightway speeds.
I did enjoy the comfort and power of the wing but i didn't expect the wind to be such a factor i felt like i was being pushed from the side alot. but maybe i just need more time in the seat to get use to the bigger bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
a taller wider windshield might help. forget the short rides take a ride on the wing like you would on the cb400. you've got to get your mind off the fact that you are on the wing, its just a bike. a special bike for sure

·
Registered
232 Posts
It was windy for us today but I put a belly pan on this winter and a lot has been said about the belly pan taking the starch out of crosswinds and semis out on the interstate, and I have to say, I thought it was pretty good riding although it was windy and I passed several trucks on the interstate today without incident with respect to fighting wind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
81 interstate

I also have an 81 interstate in PA! It was given to my by my brother who upgraded to an 08 wing! I love it so far! hope she treats you well! Mine has so far....

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Any new bike will take some getting used to. Ride it often and far and you will love it.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome FW81 to the GWOF from another resident of the Keystone state. Our numbers are growing here in PA. Ride safe..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts