Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda GoldWing Interstate, Candy Spectra Red, and of course, with drive shaft.
37 Posts
Thanks guys for all your comments.

This thing really wants to tip into the corners - scared me at first. Is this normal? I noticed the tyres seemed to be overinflated - 38 front 40 rear. Book says 33 / 36. Effortless cruising down the motorway at 75mph - so smooth.
I think i just need to spend a few hours in a big car park with cones to get used to the way she turns.
You’re already getting your ‘Wing legs…my 75 Wing (a GL1000, of course) had a low centre-of-gravity, by design, but my GL1500 seems to have an even lower COG. Yeah, it was a little disconcerting, but it’s a real thrill to take a turn hard enough (I swear there was one where I was slipping a bit on a rougher surface). If you don’t lean far enough, you’ll feel like you’re not riding the groove, but you’ll get used to it.

As for tyre pressure, yeah, I’d say that’s a bit high…if you aren’t running a normal load, you can even use less. Your book expands on this, and you’ve got air shocks to adjust front and back, too, while my Interstate only has rear ones.

And yes, I would recommend taking it to a controlled space and do some low speed figure 8s and U-turns. That’s where the weight of this beast will get you…I know I still blow the slow turns sometimes, and the rush to catch myself before the bike goes over is a struggle. I haven’t ridden for almost 30 years, though, so maybe I’m still a little rusty.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.