Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!
After converting my standard old fashioned headlights to the latest US clear-glass set I when one step further with my improvement.
The safety factor is TOP NOTCH! The Aesthetics is all a matter of taste. some love it others may hate it.
To be honest, when my car audio technician proposed it to me.. I was not quite sure this was going to match nicely.
In the end I loved it. And the rest of the traffic gives me serious respect as I am noticed immediately when coming from the rear.
No more sunned breaking cause the car in front of me switched lanes. They notice me to the extent that I am annoying them and they are letting me pass.
Plus at junctions the bright white headlights assure the crossing vehicle that I am also a vehicle and will not be mistaken with the casual yellowish street light..
Enjoy the images!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376545_301897466504639_100000531656287_1158915_888121790_n.jpg

I also think it has given the bike a robot like look. Let's see some goldwings as TRANSFORMERS;)

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Interesting welcome to the GWOF.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello alexakos, welcome to GWOF. i like your upgraded head lights

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I like the head lights. But I got to ask is that you garage ?????. If it is, you are putting a bunch of us to same.:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the head lights. But I got to ask is that you garage ?????. If it is, you are putting a bunch of us to same.:(
No need for shame! It's my electrician's shop
I wish it was my garage! hahahaha
Here is the story:
It cost me a total of over $700 to get that this way. My bike looked like that when I bought it from Germany:

then I upgraded to clear glass and made this:

Now I LOVED the new look but the security factor was not high enough for me when Driving at night in the CRAZY streets of Athens! So I Wanted to go with a simple HID set (not more than 50 each Ballasts included)ex. http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/honda-gl1800-goldwing-hid-lights-c-97_570/motorcycle-hid-kit-p-195.
My crazy electrician (whom I trust 100%) introduced me to the angel eyes for almost double the cost. $60 each light PLUS another each $40 the slim ballast.
I saw the marks around my headlight... The guy had to separate the headlight to fit them in! Quite the handyman's job.

I would hate to have spent $300 for that new headlight and break it. So leave it to the technician's hands.. if HE breaks it... He replaces it!

So you guys can simply go with the common H4 HID for you want to save some cash and have the same safety effect.
Note that the High beam on those are still yellow where the angel eyes are with on high and low beam.

Here are the specs of my Lights:
They are actually IMPORTED form the US! This is the site:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=103

Mine are the 35W @ 5000K. Note that over 6000K they become blueish and the higher you go the darker blue you get!

Also the marker lights were replaced with LEDs of this type:

found here: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs-img/285860903-car-led-Light-9-SMD-LED-T10-194-W5W-Lamp-3-chips-5050-SMD--wholesalers.html

Happy upgrading guys
Sorry for creating another gap in your wallet!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Pretty slick set-up. That's one very clean bike btw, nice find! Oh and Welcome:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty slick set-up. That's one very clean bike btw, nice find! Oh and Welcome:D
You got a good eye there Chief!
The bike was in a FANTASTIC condition!!!
All parts were new (tires, fairing, battery, hydraulic lines, brakes etc.
What is even more remarkable..it looks like it was NEVER on the road.
No matter how deep I look under the plastic covers..the bike has absolutely no sign of dust or dirt. It really was a nice find!

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Great look and great looking bike. Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy the GWOF...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts