Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is mostly for wanna-be Gold Wing owners. I just went through the process of buying my first 1500, and I often wondered where all the "stuff" was located (reverse gear, air compressor hose, etc). The link below will take you to a web page with lots of pictures, with labels and arrows pointing to where "stuff" is located on the bike.

The "Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion" was extremely useful to me as far as doing research on the bike, and getting the experienced riders to answer my dumb questions (of which there will be more to come). Now, if I can just learn to handle the monster! The word "heavy" is an understatement.

http://www.seattleboatguy.com/cycle/1500se/controls.html

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Patience and Practice. Lots of both and it will come. Remember straighten the front wheel before a quick stop, if not you'll soon learn just how heavy they are.
To Pick -it after you have dropped it. put it in gear or tie the front brake in. If on the right side, also put the kick stand down. "BACK UP" to the bike squat down grab the handle bar with one hand and the passenger seat handle in the other and lift with your legs.
DO NOT try to pick it up by bending over and lifting.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Is that your bike in the pictures ?.
Nice bike and great job on Identifying all the stuff.
Should try and make the Western Meet and Greet in Kalispell in August.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
practice

Patience and Practice. Lots of both and it will come. Remember straighten the front wheel before a quick stop, if not you'll soon learn just how heavy they are.
To Pick -it after you have dropped it. put it in gear or tie the front brake in. If on the right side, also put the kick stand down. "BACK UP" to the bike squat down grab the handle bar with one hand and the passenger seat handle in the other and lift with your legs.
DO NOT try to pick it up by bending over and lifting.
You make a good point. I need to round up some volunteers here at the marina, and do some "pick up the bike" practice BEFORE I find myself in a position of needing that skill. I also saw some "how to get your wing on the center stand" videos that looked worthy of further attention. It's all a little intimidating right now, but I enjoy the bike. For something that feels like it weighs more than my sailboat, it seems to be an extremely well balanced machine. Honda done good.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
For a little help getting it up on the center stand, use a 6"x6" or so piece of 1/2 or 3/4" wood stop with the rear wheel on the wood. It will fel a little wierd putting it on the side stand but will make it a lot easier to get on the center stand.

It will smoke some out of the left exhaust when left on the side stand for a day or so, not to worry they all do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.