Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching high and low for a way to upgrade my stereo system on my 96' Interstate. I've changed out the front speakers for J&M and added J&M rear speakers... it helped and clear radio stations sound good but finding a decent clear radio station around here that plays decent music is somewhat difficult to find... so I purchased a Ram mount for my iTouch and a wireless FM transmitter - the transmitter was a complete waste of money as it doesn't perform well at all, to much interference. So I've recently purchased a 100 x4 watt Polk Audio marine amplifier and a Audiovox wired inline FM modulator. Now, my dilemma - how to connect the amplifier up to the stock stereo system - are there "line" output connections...preferably RCA? My other option was to just bypass the stock stereo unit, connect the speakers to the amp - run a line directly from my iTouch to the amp and play it that way but I'm thinking one day, I would like to listen to the radio! Of course, I could get XM! :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Blake,

If you master this problem, go on tour collect $1000's of dollars. There really doesn't seem to be a perfect solution.
Here are some options from another: http://goldwingtech.info/auxradio/

I have had other priorities but I do have a shark amp in a box waiting to be installed. It has 100 watt amp with a place to plug in a 3.5mm plug. I have tried it and will get it in eventually. I will most likely tap into the tape deck to power it up.

The worst part of being one generation behind on bikes is that they don't develop new items for a shrinking market. I have wished for an iphone connector plug that is digital instead of the 3.5mm input which is analog.

good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sending that link, that gives me a "visual" instruction on what seems to be the best way to mount the AudioVox FM Modulator, if I decide to do that. I may go with a XM radio/MP3 player and directly connect it to the amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts