Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone!! This is my 1st time posting on this forum and would like to thank everyone before hand for all your help in any issues or questions I may have and Happy Biking to Everyone.:)

I have a 1995 SE and I just had to replace the battery in it due to it sitting over the winter and age of battery and now my Radio has very little to no volume at all. With the volume up as loud as it will go, you can barely hear it, also the radio and the clock loses it's memeory everytime I switch the bike off. Anyone got any ideas out there? :confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I understand there are two positive supplies to the radio, one which is switched on and off with the ignition key and a second that is permenantly live to keep the clock and memory operating. It sounds like the permenant supply migh have failed. It is a fused supply so you need to check the service manual. I have no idea if this second supply will have any effect on the audio output so it may be two totally unlinked problems but I would look for the second supply and get the clock/memories working first.

Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot Gary, I will check it out tonight and let you know the outcome. I appreciate your response and suggestion.
Thanks again................Charlie

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Just another thought. Make sure the mute button is not pushed in. Ask me how I know...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check to make sure you didn't leave a ground wire disconnected. My bike has a seperate ground running to the bolt on the battery hold down bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts