Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this bike. At first the battery was a little weak. When putting into reverse, it would just bump backwords one time when I pushed the button. I checked the battery. Had to fill it and charge it. Now the bike turns over allot faster when starting. Now when engaging reverse, it will bump backwords each time I hit the button. But will not stay engaged. I read somewhere that low voltage can cause this. Could this still be the case even though the battery seems to be stronger? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It's been several years since I had a 1500 but I think you need to adjust the reverse cable it is on the opposite side that th e reverse handle is on. take off the side cover and operate the reverse lever and watch on the right side, you can see the cable moving, there should be an adjustment nut on it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
your reverse operates through an electric selenoid. low voltage could keep the selenoid from closing which would let reverse become erratic. how about a new battery!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I just purchased this bike. At first the battery was a little weak. When putting into reverse, it would just bump backwords one time when I pushed the button. I checked the battery. Had to fill it and charge it. Now the bike turns over allot faster when starting. Now when engaging reverse, it will bump backwords each time I hit the button. But will not stay engaged. I read somewhere that low voltage can cause this. Could this still be the case even though the battery seems to be stronger? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you mean that even if you keep your finger engaged on the switch it will stop? Or are you pushing the switch and then letting off?

·
Registered
151 Posts
after rereading your complaint, you need to keep the starter button depressed all the time you want to go in reverse.if you let off the button the m/c will stop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed

I appreciate the help but, I actually posted this back in April. I since found out that it was indeed a weak battery which I had mentioned.
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts