Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :),

My 1995 Goldwing 1500 20th Anniversary - keeps blowing the Accessory Fuse 10amp.. not when I use Accessory key position, but when I turn the key to Run Position.. Blows in 3 seconds.

I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you so much :) Gregarious

·
Super Moderator
12,135 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

What do you have hooked to the accessory leads?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello :),

My 1995 Goldwing 1500 20th Anniversary - keeps blowing the Accessory Fuse 10amp.. not when I use Accessory key position, but when I turn the key to Run Position.. Blows in 3 seconds.

I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you so much :) Gregarious
If the fuse you are blowing is this one, it is supposed to be 5 amps, not 10.
ACC Terminals.jpg
To troubleshoot the circuit, disconnect the wires attached to the two screws on the top of the fuse block.
ACC Terminal.jpg
That is where the accessory circuit feed is.
With the wires disconnected, the fuse should not blow again.

You will need to find where the short is in the circuits that you have disconnected. OR, do not connect anything that will draw more than 5 amps.

I have a Garmin 1490 GPS and a MotoProCam connected to my accessory terminals and the draw is less than 5 amps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
If the fuse you are blowing is this one, it is supposed to be 5 amps, not 10.
View attachment 274914
To troubleshoot the circuit, disconnect the wires attached to the two screws on the top of the fuse block.
View attachment 274915
That is where the accessory circuit feed is.
With the wires disconnected, the fuse should not blow again.

You will need to find where the short is in the circuits that you have disconnected. OR, do not connect anything that will draw more than 5 amps.

I have a Garmin 1490 GPS and a MotoProCam connected to my accessory terminals and the draw is less than 5 amps.
hi, thank you.. it's the lower one.. 2nd from bottom 10amp :)

well.. 10 amp ACC 4th up in your post

that helps though.. now I see what is using that fuse location :)

my fuse box is different..

·
Registered
485 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

So, are you saying you are blowing the fuse in position 8 in the diagram above?

Can you post a photo of your fuse box and the label on the cover to help us understand how it is different?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Never realized you could jam a micro blade fuse into a mini blade fuse receptacle.

So, to clarify, which fuse are you blowing? Because the fourth one up in your diagram is a 15A, not a 10A.

And, the fourth one down is a 5A fuse in a 10A slot, and you're missing the 10A in the second from the bottom position...

If that red and black wire at the top of your photo are on the ACC terminals, try removing them and seeing if you still blow the ACC fuse.

Reactions: MichaelB
1 - 7 of 7 Posts