Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Goldwing has developed what I think to be some sort of electrical problem. I can go to work early in the morning, (21 miles) and it runs fine. In the afternoon after the weather gets warmer, she will run for about 5-10 miles, then the display will flicker and the bike will just no longer be getting fuel and die.

I can let it sit for about a half hour and it will start right back up with no problem, then 5-10 miles further the condition repeats. this can go on until I either make it home or the battery finally goes dead.

Anyone have any ideas?

Not as though I'll stick around for any help!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Have you checked the battery and the connections (+/- grounds). Could be a loose connection.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
azlaurents

Two Wheel has given you a good start. If that checks out go the next step. You didn't indicate if you have a service manual or not. If so go to the check charging section & start troubleshooting. If not there are some websites where you can download the manuals. I can tell you that a friend of mine had the same issue & it turned out to be the alternator. Not trying to add to your agony just giving info.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the battery is new and the connections are solid. I do have a manual and guess I will need to get deeply into it. It acts like something heats up to a point and then kicks off, like a fuze would act or something.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
How many miles are on your bike? Have you ever changed the alternator brushes? That might be the problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
You say the battery is new. Were you having the same problems with the old battery? If not, there is a good possibility of a ground wire that came loose when you changed it or a bad battery. I'm not sure on the 1500s, but I know the 1200s used several small grounding wires to various parts on the bike.

He couldn't be bothered to stick around!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.