Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I'm getting the trike ready for a big trip in early July I have detailed the whole bike and bought a few trim replacement parts for the console and a new radio cover and now it's about as nice as it's going to look. I also have got the mechanicals into the shape I want them in with soon to be installed all new tires, new compuefire alternator and sealed battery, new air filter, new fuel filter, and new front disc brakes.
So yesterday I decided to tackle the Rims on the rear of the trike and front Goldwing rim. So first I sprayed them with the new foam stuff being sold that you spray on and let sit for three minutes and spray off with the hose and it actually helped quite a bit but they were still not great. The California Sidecar rims that came with the kit are chrome and mothers mag cleaner did a pretty good job but a 100 degrees here it was a pang. So today I stopped at Auto Zone and bought one of those cone buffing wheels they sell for $25 and went after the front rim with mother’s mag cleaner and the job was a snap and the rims turned out much better. I figure a couple more sessions with that and they will be as good as the can be. On the first few applications today the white Mothers turned instantly black from the amount of oxidation on the rims. Then I did a quick touch up on the rear rims and they look great compared to when I started.
All I can say is the Mother’s buffing cone is the way to go to get into tight places and for doing the job.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts