Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently purchased a 93 Aspencade online and it was not anywhere near super clean as advertised. I spent most of a day cleaning and polishing the exterior but it needs to be torn down to the frame and gone over good. When you look under the seat and beneath the side panels it is really dirty. Any advice on a good manual to have when doing the unassembly of the saddlebags, trunk, around the engine, etc. Also what is the best thing to use when cleaning around electrical components such as under the seat. My uncle who has kept all of his bikes super clean recommended blasting it with a hot water preasure washer and then blowing it off good and letting it dry. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
A good manual may I suggest 2 of them: The Honda OEM Goldwing Service Manual and the Clymer GL1500 service manual.
Send a PM to Cantankerous, as he may still have one.
I hand clean around sensitive electrical components, I don't like driving water or debris into connections or components.

·
Registered
718 Posts
A factory Honda manual helps, but I seldom use mine except for specs. Pulling the whole rear section (trunk and saddlebags) is pretty easy. Remove the seat, a couple of wiring connectors to disconnect, two bolts to LOOSEN behind the rubber plugs in both saddlebags, that's one each side and the two upper bolts under the seat and the whole section should come off. Disassembly of the rear section is a pain the the ass. Been there, done that when I had to pull it apart to weld a trunk support bracket

All the other tupperware is not so bad, just keep track of where the screws come from and go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Knowing I can remove the trunk/saddlebag assembly as a unit is definitely a plus. This bike has all the bells and whistles. Its a shame it wasn't better taken care of. Hopefully I can get everthing the way it should be by spring.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Sounds like that bike has a worthy owner now. Have fun giving her the care she deserves!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.