Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1500SE , I have drained the Hydraulic clutch reservoir totally empty including removing the bleeder valve to install all new fluid. Now i am trying to fill it back up but i can't get it to fill the line down to the Bleeder valve. As i pump the clutch up, i'm not seeing any air bubbling out of the line. Also, when i wiped out the reservoir, i found a little stainless steel "flap" looking thing with 3 little legs on it? No ideal how it goes back in. Any one have an anwser on this topic?
Thanks, Ron

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the forum.

The 'flap' goes into a recess in the bottom of the reservoir. It's there to prevent the fluid from agitation. Make sure when you reinstall it, the solid portion needs to be lower. It takes a great amount of patience to bleed the clutch on a 1500.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clutch bleeding

First, I think the metal piece is a stop that keeps the inner flap from sucking flat over the return hole in the res. Are you using a Mityvac to drain your fluid? The vac makes it so easy to do and as you pull the old fluid out , you replace it with new. Work great!
Joe D
1995 GL1500A
Sunny So-Calif

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_bcbe.asp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clutch bleeding

Also, check the brass bushing on your clutch handle for wear. The bushing is about $10 bucks and will wear out and cause all kinds of trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1500 clutch problem

So does the 3 little legs stick up or down?
I did not use any vac system. After i emptied the fluid, i blew what i could out. So now i need to re-fill it and bleed it out.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Down, if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
hello tork, welcome to GWOF. you could open the bleeder valve and let gravity do its job, its not fast but fluid will make its way through the system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts