Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sitting up about 2 months I went to move my GL 1500I and I had no pressure on the clutch lever. Upon inspection I found that my clutch master cylinder was dry. I tried to fill with fluid and bleed but never got any clutch. I figured the fluid had leaked out the slave cylinder since i didn't see any sigh of fluid loss anywere else. I bought and installed a kit in the master and slave cylinder. Now i have new seals and after bleeding, still no clutch. Could I still have air. I have pumped about 3 fill ups through the master. Is there anyway to check if my clutch has failed during the last 2 months of hibernation. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not trying to be a wise guy,but tell me your bleeding technique. If you are squeezing the lever,and then opening the bleeder,that may be the problem. Try opening the bleeder first,just slightly,then pull in the lever all the way,then close bleeder.Repeat a few times,see if you get any more air out of it. If you don't get any,then even though you've kitted the master,sounds like may be bypassing fluid internally.From what i understand Wing clutchs are virtually bullitproof,so your actual clutch hardware is probably fine. Interested in what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts