Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1990 Goldwing thru e-bay and flew to Chicago to pick it up. I have never riden any long distance on a bike before, having owned a 2001 Honda Shadow without a windshield. I picked up the bike in northern Indiana. I rode the Interstates home. Couldn't believe how comfortable the ride was on the Goldwing. Stopped in Washington, PA the first day and rode to Chincoteague, VA. the second day, a total trip of 910 stress free miles. Next day did Bike Week at Ocean City, MD. I guess you can do anything you want when your in your 70's.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Saltydwg, hope to be like you one day. Welcome to the site from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Good for you that you have that good of health.
Confrats on bike and stick around here, we're like family except a little nicer.

By the way, something for you to shoot for. Met a man at a rally last week end on a 2 wheeled wing, he was 91.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new (2u) Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Nice folks and good info on here.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Hi from Down Under. Love reading about your ride. It is always a lift to the spirit to hear about our senior riders and their rides, because if you can do it there is a good chance I will be able to do the same hopefully. 900 miles is not a bad effort.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida.
That's why many of us like Goldwings, because they're comfy on a long trip.
Stick around we're a great group of people.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome saltydwg, and hearty congrats on the Wing and the ride. As our Aussie members would say "Good on ya mate!"

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome from Vermont! I have had the pleasure of attending ocean city bike week awesome time!!

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Saltydog, welcome from Mississippi. I know you will love the bike.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Congrats on your purchase, The Gold Wing is definitely a long distance bike, all the comforts of home. I usually buy my bikes local but back in 03 there was a heck of a deal on an 02 GL 1800 in Portland, Oregon, I flew there from So. Calif and rode it home. 1100 miles, 2 days, what a great way to get acclimated to a new bike.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Saltydwg, congrats on the bike and enjoy it for many years to come. I hope to be in that good of shape when I get to 70. I would like to keep my wing as a two wheeler as long as possible. Although, I guess you could have a Trike Wing and a 2 wheel Wing. I will have to start playing the lottery on a regular basis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts