Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1989 1500 wing it has two tone paint and says SE on the trunk but I read the SE didnt come out till1990
any help Thanks Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
True 1989 SE 1500 Goldwing or Not!!!!

I bought a 1989 1500 wing it has two tone paint and says SE on the trunk but I read the SE didnt come out till1990
any help Thanks Mike
Well yes and no!!! It all depends on which month it was built as anything after the 10th month of 1989 is classafied as a 1990 model run so if your is a true SE Goldwing then it should be more closer to the end of 1989. So if it say it was built somewhere between October 1989 to July 1990 then it an SE, if it was built say somewhere between October 1988 to July 1989 then it is not a true SE Goldwing as someone has add all the extras to make it look like one. Easies way to check is look at the compliance plate on the right hand side of the frame under the right side cover as that is where it is on my 1995 20th Annavisery Goldwing as it says it was built in April 1995.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF mchizy

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa, and congrats on your Wing. I'm going to guess that it's a true SE, just because I don't think someone would go to all the trouble with the paint to make it look like one.. JMHO. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If the title says 89 than it is not an SE. The SE came out in October 89 with all the other 90 models but the title would say 90, just like cars, bikes come out the end of the prior year but are called 1 year later model. The SE had a lot more than just 2 tone paint.
The SE had two-tone paint, trunk spoiler/light, windscreen vent, lighted handlebar switches, adjustable passenger footboards and foot warmer vents that looked better than they worked. Does your bike have all of these
Do you have a picture you can post? If not what color is the bike? Actually the second color was sold as decals that you could apply to make an Aspencade look like an SE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
89 1500

yup has all them options that you said including ajustable boards and heat
I will try to find the built date this was a one owner the gent was 76 years old thanks for all the feed back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts