Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a 1500 with a Voyager kit sitting down the road for the last few weeks, I casually mentioned it to the GF a few times. So today she wanted to go look at it. This would be for her.
1989 with 73k on the meter, Voyager kit with the shocks and hitch looks fairly new. Paint looks good, kind of a chocolate color with some woven pin stripping. Over all it looks good, does need a new shield and tires on the bike. Also has a cb, back rest, passenger arm rests
Talk to the owner, he recently bought it from some friends that needed money. He rode it 30 miles and said it ran great, he wasn't sure about the timing belt but could find out.
He is asking $5400 which sounds good since the kit probably cost that much.

Any particular problems with the 89's? Where the alternators ok on these?

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
No issues with the early 1500s, the alternator is fine as long as you don't add 100s of lights. You could be looking at $500.00 to have new tires put on, so that is a bargaining chip.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since it has the kit I would put a C/T on the back, I know for her the kit would not come off. She has never driven a bike so she isn't sure about the shifting, I told her it is similar to a car just have to get use to the different control locations.

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
That's not a bad price, I sold my 1993 with Voyager for $5,000.00 and the Voyager with the shocks is the one you want. $4095.00 for the Voyager new. Then you can add tail lights with wiring harness and that adds to the price.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Sounds like a great buy to me. I've never thought about herself getting a trike or such, she didn't take to the two wheeled versions well enough to get the bug. Hmmmm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.