Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my late Father's 1500 back on the road. He was one of the "Hard Core" riders. I introduced him to scooting in 82' on a 750cc and he was hooked. He bought his Goldwing new in 88' and it was his primary means of transport. Rain, shine, snow, sleet...He rode. After his passing in 2003 the bike has sat most of the time at a brothers. Seeing the harm in that I got the bike. The brakes were trashed and it did not want to run very well. I took it to my guy at the bike shop and told him to go through it. 3 weeks later it runs like a new one W/94,000mi. Drove it to work this a.m. and on the way it hit me like a sledge hammer..."This Was My Dad"!!! He was at his best when he rode. It was almost like He was sitting behind me. Lota memories. He never did get to ride the kids... He always talked about it. Looking forward to logging a bunch of miles; with them.
Dawg.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
AWESOME Dawg

I know I just lost my Dad a year ago & know the feeling you're talking about. My Pop didn't ride but he was an avid Race fan. We would go away together alot to tracks all over & watch all forms of racing. I think of those times & cherish those moments.

I miss you Pop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts